M.E.A.N.Y. FEST 2012 9/26-10/13
FINAL EVENT TBA
M.E.A.N.Y. Fest 2012 (Musicians & Emerging Artists New York) will be held in New York City at world-renowned NYC venues such as THE DELANCEY, SANTOS PARTY HOUSE, FAT BABY, BROOKLYN FIRE PROOF and FONTANAS. One lucky winner will receive recording time, a radio package from Notorious Radio, 5000 spins on JANGO and more tba. The top three finalists in NYC, (chosen by an audience balloting) along with one M.E.A.N.Y. FEST chosen NYC and one national pick finalist will play the finals tba later in 2012. Here the finalists & picks will be openers for a headlining special guest (TBA). Prize winners will be chosen by an industry panel of judges.
1. APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All applicants must submit through SONICBIDS.COM or REVERBNATION for M.E.A.N.Y. FEST 2011. Please click the Sonicbids link and follow instructions for submissions.
2. DATES AND VENUES: Dates and venues are subject to change. Bands will be notified of any changes.
3. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Producers reserve the right to change the deadline to a later date. Such changes will be advertised on the festival website (http://www.meanyfest.com ) and/or print advertising if possible. Applications will be reviewed by the M.E.A.N.Y Fest organization.
4. SPECIAL GUESTS: The producers reserve the right to engage special and featured guests to perform at any performance or venue in the festival in a non-competitive capacity. Special guests shall be exempt from application fee, however, will not be eligible to compete for and/or be awarded any prizes as a result of their participation and performances.
5. VENUES: Final venues will be announced and are subject to change.
6. AUDIENCE BALLOTING: Audience members that would like to cast a vote must choose 2 bands on the bill of the show they are attending on any given night of the fest. Just fill in 2 band entries- it's that simple. The ballot must be stamp validated that evening by M.E.A.N.Y. FEST staff . The ballot is then submitted to the ballot box.
* Audience members may not cast votes for bands not listed on the bill of the show they are attending on any given day.
* Band members may cast one vote per band member for their own band.
* Audience members may only vote once per venue.
Top three vote getting bands in all of NYC will move on to play along with M.E.A.N.Y. FEST SPECIAL GUEST (tba) & NYC pick and out of state pick in front of an industry panel of judges.
7. BAND CHECK-IN/LOAD-IN: Bands MUST check-in and load their equipment to the venue prior to their scheduled performance. Bands will be checked in by groups of four in order of line-up. Bands 1-4 must load in at their scheduled venue by 6:00pm; bands 5-8 must load in by 7:00pm; bands 8-12 must load by 8pm. If you are not able to load in at these times, please make sure you are there at least 90 minutes before your performance time.
8. LINE-UPS: All bands will have between 25 and 30 minutes to perform, with ten minutes between bands for change-overs. A stage manager will be available to assist with change overs between sets. Any band that goes over the 10 minute set up time will have their performance time decreased by minutes over. Please adhere to schedule to assure everyone performs on time. We look forward to an incredible year!
****IMPORTANT INFO- Set time and length may need to be adjusted and be less than 25 minutes in some cases. We will do our best but venue time restrictions and changes in schedule make some changes necessary.****
*There is no pay for bands participating in the competition. There is $150 bonus incentive for bands drawing 60 or over or $350 bonus for 100 and over.
*Transportation to and from participating venues is not covered.
Approximate times, this year most shows start at 8pm
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites